The ACE Foundation is a NOT FOR PROFIT Foundation which exists solely on donations and has no administrative costs. The Chair, Leon Shapero established the ACE Foundation in 2014. He has worked in Cranbourne as a GP Obstetrician since 1987 and has close ties with local schools.
The ACE vision is to assist students of any age in the City of Casey who are experiencing significant challenges in their educational pursuits. These challenges may be either cultural, language, socioeconomic, physical or family fracture related etc.
The ACE Foundation puts lots of smiles on students faces.
From 2014 – 2019 ACE Foundation’s incentives and programs include:
- Yearly Monetary encouragement awards (6 x $100) to each of 54 schools
- We provide FREE testing & provision of FREE glasses for all public primary school students, with vision impairment in the City of Casey. More than 5000 children tested & 1000 pairs of glasses provided as of May 2019
- FREE supervised study facilities available at Thompson Road Clinic with tutoring (Monday – Thursday 4:30-6:30pm)
- FREE supervised homework classes with basic assistance available at Aspire Hampton Park (Tuesday 1:30-6pm)
- Provide a reading book to every prep student when they begin school
- 2,500 replacement meals per 4 weeks to 12 Secondary Schools in the City of Casey for students who arrive at school without breakfast or a prepared lunch
- We financially support Operation Newstart Casey. The 8 week program aims to re-engage disengaged young students into the education system and their local community
- Financial support to the Young Mothers Return to School Programme at Cranbourne Secondary College & Narre Warren South P-12 College
To find out more about ACE, see here: https://www.acefoundation.org.au/